BBC Cellpack Cast Resin Technology
The cast resin products from BBC Cellpack Electrical Products ensure highest functional guarantee, safety and reliability of cable connections in electrical installations.
Cast Resin Technology for Low- and Medium Voltage
For over 50 years now, the cast resin products from BBC Cellpack Electrical Products have been deployed in their millions around the globe. The cast resins, connection- and branch joints guarantee reliable cable connections in indoor and outdoor areas, underground and underwater installations or in installation ducts due to the cast resin itself and its properties. The broad product range of cast resin cable accessories offers installers, electricians and managers in industry- or energy supply companies the perfect solution for their respective application area.
As from 24 August 2023 adequate training is required before industrial or professional use. More information here.
STRAIGHT-THROUGH AND BRANCH JOINTS
AMX-C265 AUTOMATIC CAST RESIN MIXING SYSTEM
PUR CAST RESIN GG
Cast Resin Cable Accessories and 2-component PUR Cast Resins
The BBC Cellpack cast resin joints offer an overall long-term protection in terms of insulation values and resistance for all kind of cable accessories and cross sections. This is guaranteed by high-grade, unfilled two-component PUR cast resins which are designed for various applications as well as by the shockproof plastic moulds available with or without integrated strain relief. After the hardening process, the cable joints are resistant to mechanical and electrical loads.
The scope of delivery for all cast resins straight-through and branch joints or universal connection and branch boxes of BBC Cellpack includes a cast resin tailored to the pre-selected field of application. The cast resins are further available individually in two-chamber bags with separation bars, if requested. The mixing of the cast resin component and the hardener is effected directly before the filling into the mould which is designed with at least one filling opening.
Application Areas of Cast Resin Products
- Installation ducts
Design Variations of Cast Resin Products
- Straight-through and branch joints and universal branch-off and connection box T-joints, Y- joints, M-joints, flexible joints, house junction joints
- For armoured and unarmoured polymeric cables and ducts, control- and signal cables as well as paper-insulated cable sets
- Partially with screw connectors or integrated strain relief
- Universal Box CG suitable for vertical potting
- Resistant to chemical agents, alkaline earth elements and stabilized against UV rays, sealed longitudinally and in cross-section
- High electrical insulating values and mechanical strength
- 3-core transition joint
- From belted cable to polymeric cable without external conductive layer up to 7,2 kV
- Resistant against chemical influences
- Longitudinally and transversely watertight
- High mechanical strength
2-Component, PUR Cast Resins
- EG: for universal use
- CG: transparent and removable
- FG: excellent resistance to abrasion, for repairing damaged cable-sheaths and for connecting flexible cables
- GG: with optimal mechanical features combined with a low classification by CLP-regulation
- UG: flame retardant, special cast resin developed for use in mining
- UWR: low reactivity to water, specially developed for filling the cable joints exposed to high levels of humidity
- WG: low viscosity and removable at any time
Particular technical properties of Cast resin Products from BBC Cellpack:
- Excellent hydrolysis resistance
- Good flow properties
- Low hardening temperature
- Excellent adhesive on all cable materials