Perfection, inside out.
The new generation of gel straight-through joints and branch joints.
EASYCELL® - The new generation of gel straight-through joints and branch joints
The impact-resistant polypropylene plastic shells are executed in flame-retardant material, making it possible for the EASYCELL® gel joints to also be used in demanding environments. The change in colour makes the black EASYCELL® UV-resistant and means it fi ts almost imperceptibly into the cable environment.
The success story continues. We present an evolution of the EASYCELL® gel joint series for the easy and rapid creation of cable connections. The proven gel connection and branch-out joint concept has been optimised further, fitting out the existing design with the best possible attributes.
Universal application and efficient installation
EASYCELL® makes it possible to create secure cable connections indoors and outdoors, in the soil and under water.
No special tools such as blow torches are required for easy and rapid installation of the straight-through joints and branch joints.The use of the electrical connection can take place immediately after installation, as the gel remains permanently soft/elastic and thus does not need to harden.
The optimised design of the joint shells and the dimensionally-stable BBC Cellpack gel guarantee secure, durable protection against the penetration of water and moisture.
Fully insulated and multi-range: The compact connector/branch-off block is suitable for connectionsof up to fi ve aluminium or copper conductors. Cable ties and Allen key are included. Optionally available as an accessory is a strain relief for straight-through joints of 6 mm² to 25 mm² (EASY 4 V and 5 V).
- Flameretardant and UV-resistant plastic shells enable use in demanding conditions
- Clearly labelled fl ame-retardant shells
- Optimised packaging with Originality seal with new BBC Cellpack Corporate Identity design
Application areas and characteristics
- Impact-resistant, re-openable and pre-filled plastic shells
- Dimensionally-stable, silicone-based gel, label-free, unlimited shelf life
- Immediate use after installation
- Can be fitted with standard tools
- For low voltage U0/U (Um) 0.6/1 (1.2) kV
- Type-tested in accordance with EN 50393 (corresponds to IP 68)
- For indoors, open air, soil and water
- For plastic-insulated low-voltage cables with 3-core, 4-core and 5-core aluminium or copper conductors
- Multi-range, fully insulated, one-piece connector/branch-off block
- Brackets integrated into the joint shells for fastening connector/branch-off block
- Branch joints do not require the main cable to be cut through
- Separate strain relief for use with high mechanical loads and forces
- Installation temperature of -20 to 90 °C