The new Cellplux series
Separable connectors for switchgears, transformers and junction boxes
Umax up to 36 kV and In up to 1250 A
The new Cellplux series from BBC-Cellpack
What is a separable connector?
Screened separable connectors from BBC Cellpack are used for connection of MV cables to switchgears, transformers or other equipment, equipped with an outer cone bushing according EN 50180 and EN 50181.
Screened separable connectors are touch-proof and suitable for quick connection and disconnection of cable line. Besides of that they don’t require maintaining phase-to-phase and phase-to-earth air clearances and can be used in the most compact locations. They differ by type of fixing to the bushing: bolted or sliding (pin) contact type. Screened separable connectors from BBC Cellpack are made of EPDM which provides excellent electrical and mechanical properties. Product portfolio includes solutions for bushing with interface types A, B & C.
There are T-shaped, elbow and straight separable connectors. There are symmetrical and asymmetrical T-shaped separable connectors. Symmetrical separable connectors have two similar standardized ends (for interface types of bushings provided in EN 50180 and EN 50181). Asymmetrical T-shaped separable connectors have standardized front end (connected to bushing) and not standardized rear end, which differs from producer to producer. Asymmetrical T-connector is the most demanded product of them.
(Ethylen-Propylen-Dien monomer rubber) – synthetic rubber that is used in many applications, for different purposes and particularly as insulation material in electrical power industry. Robust material and internationally established especially for separable connectors.
PROPERTY OF EPDM
- Long service life
- Oxygen resistance
- Vapor & Fog resistance
- Ozone resistance
- Resistant to UV radiation
- High dielectric strength
- High tear resistance
- Chemical resistance against various substances
- Safe for the environment
SUITABLE FOR DIFFERENT TYPES OF CABLES WITH EXTRUDED INSULATION
- Cu-wire screen (NA2XS(F)2Y, XKDT, RHZ1, ARG7H1R, ARE4H1R, XRUHAKXS, YMeKrvasqwd)
- Cu-tape screen (FG16H1RI2, FG7H1R)
- Al-foil screen (RH5Z1, NF C 33-226, XDALT, ARP4H5E, RE4H5R4R)
- “Wiski” (AHXAMK-W and AHXAMK-WM)
- Armoured (SWA, AWA)
- “Ericsson” (EXCEL, AXCES and AXAL)
- One component for both stress control and sealing of plug-in body and cable
- Simple one step installation
- Not conductive- sheath resistance continuity testing of the cable possible
- One design for multiple screen types -> less risks, less trainings
- On-site installation of small components (e.g. bolts, nuts, compression cable lugs) not required
- Reduced installation costs & time
- Less risk of fault installations
- Earthing wire inclusive of cable lug (M12) pre-installed in factory
- On-site adaptability. Cable lugs can easily be replaced with other sizes.
- One screw cable lug offering a range of crosssections
- Safe detection of electric potential through capacitive test point
- Reliable in various environmental conditions
- Assurance, that cap will not fall or get lost
- Easy handling (simple to install / remove) e.g. to have access to capacitive test point
- Smart grid management such as: metering, protection, fault detections, load flow optimisation and power quality of the distribution network
- No minimum phase-to-phase and phase-to-earth air clearances
- Multi cross-section application for Cu & Al conductors of class 1, 2, 5, 6 (IEC 60228), thanks to technologically advanced screw cable lug
- Standard installation tools, that are available in a common toolbox
- Immediate operation after installation possible
- AC test
- PD test
- X-ray test
How to choose a separable connector?
Catalogue products from BBC Cellpack were designed for single core cables with wire screen in accordance with HD 620. For other cables additional earthing kits might be needed. Following questionnaire will help to make a correct selection.
- What is the rated current?
- What is the system and cable voltage?
- What is the cross-section of the cable?
- What is the minimum diameter over insulation?
- What maximum installation depth (length) is allowed?
- What maximum height is allowed?
- What is the interface type of the bushing?
- What is the class of the conductor (acc. IEC 60228)? If class 5 & 6 please contact technical support.
- What is the type of the metallic screen? If other than Cu wire screen please contact technical support.
- If any customisation is required – please contact technical support.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE INSTALLATION?
- Make sure that: current, voltage, cross-section and min. diameter over insulation of the separable connector are appropriate to the cable.
- Read working instructions
- Assure that the end of the cable was properly sealed and there is no moisture in it.
- Follow cable and switchgear manufacturer’s instructions and other relevant documents regarding installation (e.g. cable bending radius, operating temperatures etc.)
WHAT TO DO AFTER INSTALLATION?
[Translate to English_IN:]
- Fasten the cables accordingly, so that there is no leverage effect on separable connectors and bushings
- Connect earthing wire of separable connectors with cable screen (to ensure same potential)
Separable connectors' family
CTKS 24 kV
SEPARABLE CONNECTOR FOR CTS
CTKS 36 kV
SEPARABLE CONNECTOR FOR CTS
CWS 400 A
CWS 250 A
COUPLING SURGE ARRESTER
FOR CTS & CTKS